Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What is the best name for this GUI Element?

The purpose of this research is to identify the most popular name used to refer to the UI component that is made up of a text box, and two arrows that when clicked either increment a number in the text box or decrement it. This is not an all inclusive list. As such, it should be considered more qualitative research. 

To build the list, several google searches were conducted using many different search terms with the intent of maintaining a non-biased query. Once the search results dismayed, pages were opened and when possible, the name added as new, or the "Times mentioned" tally was incremented. 

Before you look at the stats, we'd love it if you kindly tell us what YOU call it.

Take the 1 question survey

Without further ado, here is the empirical trend data. Enjoy.

Numeric Spinner Identity Study - 2014

    My New blog is http://thelucashall.com. Come see my newer/more relevant content.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Yes, please comment.